Purrsday Poetry: The Halloween Cat

The post Purrsday Poetry: The Halloween Cat appeared first on Katzenworld - Welcome to the world of cats!.

In the early morn that halloween day

when Tiny Terror traveled our way

he passed five dogs without a care

a scruffy kitten with coal black hair.

He snuggled close, always around,

underfoot, without a sound

and one day traveled out the door

to cuddle closely nevermore.

Incredulous, the look I get

whenever I would dare to pet

the hungry cat deserving food

unless, of course, he’s in the mood.

…and so, I must be satisfied

with older brother by my side

and hopefully, on winters day,

a black cat next to me will lay.

Until that time, a shadow stands

upon the fence and lets no man

abscond with such a slender prize,

so velvet smooth, with glowing eyes.

The post Purrsday Poetry: The Halloween Cat appeared first on Katzenworld.



from Katzenworld https://ift.tt/333X1ft

Comments

Popular Posts